Thread: Here I go again
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2009, 12:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Katie09

Originally Posted by Danielson. View Post
Well, over the holidays, I've had so much time off of work I decided to start drinking again. You know, just a few drinks, thought it wouldn't hurt anything. So here it is one week later and 12 to 18 beers per night later and now I feel like crap and going through withdrawals. I'm going back to work tomorrow and I get to do this feeling like crap over the next few days.

These withdrawals are not fun. Why do we do this to ourselves? I've done so good over the last few months with my drinking problem.

Any words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated.

Holidays are super hard. I know I drank way too much over them and this a.m. woke up with this giant level of anxiety and dread. I am going to go to an AA meeting this afternoon to see if that helps.

I don't know why we do this to ourselves. Sometimes, for me, it's that I have no other coping strategies I will use. It's just easier to pick up a drink. Still, I have to to get it together.

A couple of years ago I ended up in the ER on January 1 and then detox, so I know what withdrawal is all about. Can be scary and not fun. Just make sure that you don't need medical assistance to do this and if you do, please make sure you get it.