View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 09:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Girlfriend

Thank you all, Angels!! I can't help my son anymore...I've spent so much $ on him that I've gotta save what's left for my own retirement. Both his Dad and I have paid for all of his mistakes...his Dad has lost the most $.

I remember when I was in my late 20's and drinking, too (I'll be sober 15 yrs this year! Thank GOD!, my Dad had helped me out alot financially, but the last time, he said, "okay, I'm gonna help you this time, but this is the LAST time, so don't ask again" and I never did. That was thee best thing that he could do for me. Because then I had to go out there and fend on my own......and did it.

I wanted to share this story with you, really quickly. A friend of mine saw that I had put up a blog on my son w/o giving details and just saying that he wasn't in a good place right now, but he's fighting his way back.
So, this friend contacted me and said "those are strong words for your son. I pray that whatever he's going through, he'll make it".

I told him in a private message what was going on and he told me a story about his love of his life who was an alcoholic and a meth user and was in jail for a long time.
While she was in jail, he bought her a used car and some nice clothes for a job and when she got out, he asked her "you know why I got you these things, right?" and she said "yes, because you love me".

He said "Well, I do love you, but this way, you have no excuses to fail. You have a car and some clothes, so it's your choice".

I just thought that was the neatest thing....enabling her? maybe. But, it's true. a's will find any excuse to not succeed.

I'm angry with my son....because he's hurt so many people, took all their money and yet, it's still all about him and he's 30 yrs old!!!! But, on the other hand, I understnad it and will love him always.

Thank you for your prayers!!