View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 05:38 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
lulukat

I'm right there with ya

I am so thankful I found this website. 10 days now for me. I too am sick of the shame, embarrassment, and pain that I have caused my family and myself. My moment was Xmas Eve...I had the day off, and started drinking in the morning. This was the first year we drew names for Xmas so everyone would get 2 presents but I didn't even wrap my son's gift so when I had all ready passed out before dinner--he had only one present to open. The next day he didn't want to talk-understandably--and said "you obviously had something more important to do"...That was it. He asked me if I initended to continue doing this every holiday when all of us get together...So here I am. I'm the one who used to cherish our family gatherings and wanted to make them special...The last year or so if I didn't pass out I couldn't remember any conversations.. So, I knew in my heart for some time its time to admit the problem and do something about it. So let's take one step at a time and get our lives back. God bless and take care.