View Single Post
Old 01-03-2009, 02:11 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
wooforever

Your nephews records can be sealed. It will cost money. He could be in juvy for not any longer then the age of 21. If they charge him as an adult he could go to prison. He is looking at some good time no matter what. He is VOP is another strike against him. If he does have a drug problem, he should look into getting help.

I feel for the mother, she is going to be responsible for the money. I would not take in the nephew after he gets out. If the courts have given up on him that is bad.

My son was charged with battery with a deadly weapon. He got 2 years probation and had to take drug classes and anger management classes it took 1 year for the trail and he spent his senior year going to court.

It cost me over 5000.00 just for the classes. We were lucky and he had people in his court that said that was not him if he was not drunk that he would never of done that.

He is now 21 and is working and living on his own. If you take in your nephew make sure that you know what you are getting yourself into. It is not easy and you have to believe that he can change and is willing to change his life.