Old 01-02-2009, 01:26 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
TakingCharge999
A jug fills drop by drop

Hi hopeangel...!
I hope the new year brings you clarity and also to everyone else in this great forum.

Aww, how very sad that his family cannot understand his vulnerability or the illness they are all playing a part of.. on the other hand, he could have answered "No thank you".

Another part of the "Living with an AH" Madness Combo is the lack of support, but this is exactly when you rise, and say "I do not need validation from anyone to follow what I know is right for ME".

That has been very difficult to me because I always seek validation from others and this time I also found myself alone, "against" him and his friends, coworkers, common friends we had in another city that knew us in love, everyone drinking and "having fun" and of course not having a clue as to how this guy is like with the people he claimed he loved most... when the party is over. So that kind of loneliness sucks as well. Damn everything is about loneliness when it comes to alcohol!!

But you and your opinion and your experience and the dream you have of yourself are what matters... I am starting to believe that is true, for real... and I feel stronger already. It is just as you say hopeangel, you are already feeling yourself as the strong woman you are, giving your hand to your inner child. You will prevail, you do not need anyone. Moreover you do not need anyone to abuse you!

You are not an alcoholic, you are truly free, you can see beyond yourself, you can change. You are truly exceptional and you are truly blessed.
Hugs!!