View Single Post
Old 12-30-2008, 07:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
TryingSoHard
I'm just a little unwell

SYMPATHIES from the world's biggest dental-phobe!! I recently saw the dentist after *cough* years of not going due to fear. I was way drugged up, even for my initial cleaning and exam!, and again for all the work. I had to have 3 fillings, 2 wisdom teeth pulled, and 1 crown. I'm still suffering with the temp crown but hopefully it will all be over Monday when I get the permanent crown. I've been working really hard to overcome this fear and start taking proper care of myself. I do not like having this big hole in the back of my mouth where this huge wisdom tooth used to be, and I don't like that it's been 3 weeks and it still hurts where they gave me the shots, but ... I somehow managed to do it. This has been hanging over my head for literally YEARS.

ExNavy... wow. I can not imagine EVER having the courage to do what you're doing!! How long has that whole process taken? I'm learning that I'm ok with stuff that they can knock me out for and do all in one visit, but this going back for adjustments and emergency fix-ups (my temp crown broke) really SUCKS.

Heal quickly, Mike, and I hope the worst is over for you! CONGRATS on that sober time!!! That is truly awesome.