View Single Post
Old 12-28-2008, 02:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
coyote21
Awakening

Originally Posted by PCat View Post
The lies are starting to feel like I am covering for my husband and I don't want to do that.
my main goal is to protect my son from his fathers disease...
i have been criticized from some ppl for telling my son the truth about his father, that he is an addict, does drugs, and thats what makes him do all that crazy stuff. But from day one. i refused to make excuses for him or take the blame for this situation.

Hi Tracee,

I didn't want to hijack, but wanted to commend you on your decision with regard to your little boy and his dad. I have the exact same situation, just change all the genders.

I have also refused to make excuses for dd's alcoholic mom, and have told her the truth since day one, she was 5 then and she's 7 now and she gets it.

I believe that when little kids know something is amiss, but all the adults act like nothing's wrong, it is by far more damaging.

The fact that your 5yo boy can hand you the phone when his dad is "talking crazy" tells me we made the right decisions.

Good job.

The above is a quote from another members post and a copy of a private message I sent her on this subject last night.

I believe children can handle the truth, and that we owe them the truth.

Thanks and God bless us all,
Coyote