View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 09:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
findingkermit

We're home..... How is everyone????

Hi guys, we are back home from our holiday with the girls, we had a lovely time away from any phone, comp or T.V, just blobbing and playing games, swimming, picnicing etc....

It was a bit wierd on occasion, doing eveything for the first time in a lot of years sober, but it only crossed my mind a few times and by the time I'd made a coffee and rolled a smoke the thought was gone again which was great, it just left me feeling a bit odd from time to time.

Well it's day 24 for me today and I'm pleased I've made it pretty comfortably through quite a few situations that would have included alcohol in the past, it's all been about self talk for me, and looking to the future, and I need that future more than I need a drink.

I just have to be careful not to get bored as I was drinking from first thing in the morning until I knocked myself out at about midnight every day, so I find ways to keep busy. The good thing is, the busier I stay, the more I feel satisfaction at what I am achieving in my day, therefore I feel stronger and happier with my journey.

I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas, and that the New year will see you all blessed with peaceful hearts and a very happy future.