View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 08:03 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
sodetermined
Formerly known as soconfused11

CMC,

I did attend 2 Al-Anon meetings and then quit going. I am not sure even why, for lack of a better way to describe it, just not motivated I guess.

I have been with Chris for 3 1/2 years, but am trying to break the pattern of codependency that has been with me since childhood. It is so hard, but believe it or not I am a lot better than I was even a year ago....I just seem to be slow at recovery, I make progress, then take some steps back.

I try telling myself...like tonight when I first posted and was feeling so scared about whether or not I could control my anger...that his addiction has nothing to do with me, and everythind to do with him and my reaction has everything to do with me and nothing to do with him.....but my emotions always seem to get the best of me....

This last break up with Chris was the first one in which I stuck to no contact, at least for a while. But Chris was with another woman, so he only tried to contact me a handful of times. Then, I don't know...he called one day...and it's like I lost all senses or something.....allowed him to have a chance to apologize. That was a mistake on my part.

Just gonna keep moving forward.....