View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 07:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
snowdog

A Gift of Champagne

Yesterday I managed to get through my family's Christmas dinner without accepting any of the frequently offered champagne. Despite fleeting thoughts of 'one glass' won't hurt... in my heart I knew differently. I am only on day 7 and the physical discomfort of the first four days is still fresh in my memory. I knew I didn't want to go thru that again. Unfortunately, one of the gifts that was sent home with me was a bottle of champagne. As soon as I got home I put the bottle in the garage with the idea of taking it to another function I am going to on Sunday. Despite all my resolve that this time is 'it'.... that bottle has been calling out to me all day. I have been in a total funk. I am still in jammies and have done nothing but sleep and eat all day.

Thankfully I came here and started reading posts. I am so grateful I found this site. The bottle is open now, and drained down the kitchen sink! What a relief. I hate the thought of the waste, but frankly I am not sure I would have lasted another day.

To the former addicts class of December '08!!!!!!!!!!