View Single Post
Old 12-26-2008, 05:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
JustJohn
Hangovers Suck!

Thanks everybody!

Hey X-Navy! Glad to be here too. Man, I hung out with guys who partied like you all through my teenaged years. I forgot about the ludes....did a few of those too. Bought many OZ's and even an 8-ball of coke once. It's a wonder we are still alive! Some of my party buddies are dead though...

I know what you mean about being tired. But know this: You have decided you just don't drink anymore, so you are on your way! I did it for nearly 4 years until I had my "Dumbass Attack" and made a bad decision. And choices and decisions are what it all comes down to, simple as that.

Well, hang in there for day 7 and the next thing you know you'll have made days 700, then 7000 and then 17,000. Believe it or not, the urges get less and less frequent over time, but you have to be aware of them and let them pass. Like I just proved to myself, even after several years, you can still make a bad decision. You do have an "Addictive Voice" in your head, and the key is to recognize it, and understand that "it" wants a drink, not you.

Do whatever it takes to stay sober. No one method or technique is always right for every person. But if you really want to, you will succeed!

Well, thanks again for the warm welcome. The family and I are about to pack up and head back east to visit the inlaws & outlaws for a week, but I'll be checking in as often as I can.