Old 12-24-2008, 12:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm done with it

Thank you all for your perspective. A number of days has gone by since I wrote the first post. I was unable to cancel the order, oh well. But I also made some decisions/new year's resolutions. I can't seem to get him to leave and I won't leave MY home and MY dogs. I have been trying to get him to leave off and on for years now, the off and on corresponds to his usage. But there are other things I can do to separate myself from the situation.

As for the gifts, I am fortunate at this time to be able to afford the gifts and I am not worried that they will be sold for drugs. Give Love - you have a good point. I can afford the gifts but I don't know if I can afford a divorce. I have considered separation but it is hard to get a gorilla out of your living room.

As for me, you're all right. I need to do something for myself and one of the things is to detach from him in the long term and for the short term...hmmm...not sure yet. I haven't been able to find any meetings that I can go to because of the time spent in traffic between work and home so this is my meeting place.
Thanks for listening.