View Single Post
Old 12-23-2008, 10:32 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Anton

Originally Posted by splendra View Post
Like I said earlier what would happen if they started treating heart patients or people with kidney failure the same way addicts are treated with legal battles and prison sentences?

In saying this am trying to illustrate the ridiculousness of charging sick people with a crime.

I will pray for your sister ((((Anton))))
Thank you,

If things keep going the way of non-regulation, I think people with these serious diseases will be treated as if they are criminals or at least that they were irresponsible and are the cause of their malady.

Smoking cigarrettes, lung cancer, could have quit and therefore doesn't get treatment. You are costing taxpayers money.

Eating fast food, heart disease, could have stopped eating, go to the end of the line. You are costing taxpayers money.

Drinking, liver problems, should have stopped drinking, feel lucky to not be in jail. You are costing taxpayers money.

Corporations aren't held to standards of being responsible for the same things individuals are. This is a dangerous standard.

People should be accountable for their actions but the environment and circumstances should be taken into consideration.