View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 11:45 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
exgirlfriend

thank you Jerect

Sorry if i got your name wrong but i want to thank you for your post. You all seem to understand how hard it can be. I had a really good chat with my girlfriend today and she has gone to rehab for the same problem as Pete did and she went to rehab years ago and has been clean. I never new her at that point in my life but it sure helps to speak with her in person and have her tell me what addicts like herself did to get what she wanted and it didn't matter at what the cost. She told me if i really care about Pete to tell him no the next time he calls if he calls. She said by giving in to him I have become his enabler....even by supplying a place to stay that enables him to have more money for his drugs and alcohol and by telling i am here for him at all times he knowes no matter who he hurts or loses I will always be there for him and the enables him to keep going.

Wow I never knew how complicated this all could be. I guess I don't know to much because i am stuck in the middle of this and because i have never used drugs before so i don't know a lot about them.

Just want to say thanks to all of you for reading my posts and for your imput it is all very helpful.