View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 09:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Fluxion

Hi Utopia,
Thanks. Yes. I did bring it up in the past. To family members and to the perv, himself. My feeling was, I think, at the time...these people ALL KNEW years before I brought it out. let THEM deal with BS that goes with legally hanging a charge on him! His wife. His (adult) kids. My Mother. All of a sudden, it gets all the way down the line, generationaly, to me. And I am supposed to be some kind of a "Super Hero"? At the expense of my own children and myself? I did not want this man to affect my life anymore than he already had. Of course it's a complicated process to prosecute!! Why do you think no one else ever did? I did not want this man taking up YEARS of my life after I had attained some distance from him and HIS issues.

He had taken so much from me, that I felt I deserved not have to focus on him, see his face, go over&over the agonizing details...

Yes I decided that I deserved to go FORWARD, and put my focus and effort into effort into my own healing and not spend a couple of years,(or more!), in hell, explaing to, and consoling my sons, (when they were already dealing with the pain of my divorce). as well as battling him and his family and so forth. And I am GLAD that I didn't have to go through that!

He's dead now anyway, one down a bazillion more to go...