View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 12:38 PM
  # 266 (permalink)  
Jersey Nonny
Old & Sober Member of AA

LOL it's kinda salty S...its one of those things ppl like it or hate it
buy a small jar until you find out if you like it
I used to like anchovies...also an acquired taste. When we ordered pizza delivered, I would ask them to put those lil' suckers on a couple of slices, since I was the only one in the family who had a taste for them. I asked my niece to bring me a jar so I could put them on the pizza they serve here. YUK!!! My taste buds are a bit messed up from the "no salt added" regimen. So, no more anchovies for me...no Vegemite either, I guess.

My daughter is in Easton, Pa. By noon, they had 3" and were expecting up to 10". We haven't had anything but a lot of rain here at the shore.

At 10:30 this a.m. five-year-olds from Kiddie University pre-school came to sing Christmas songs. They were adorable! There were two six-year-old girls with them who "carried" the group...you could hear their voices above all the rest. One little guy's Santa hat was too big and kept falling down over his eyes. A precious little girl didn't seem to be doing much singing...she was too busy looking around at the wheelchair-bound residents, smiling and waving at us. Just wanted to squish them!