View Single Post
Old 12-19-2008, 07:55 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
jerect
Restoring myself to sanity

Originally Posted by exgirlfriend View Post
I am disappointed though I did call him yesterday and he said that we could not be together cause he does not want to be in Jail. He already has thrown me around and does not want to end up there. But he never appologized to me.
Merry Xmas
Ok, so you called him... that was yesterday and this is today... don't be disapointed in yourself... This program is One Day at A Time... thank goodness we get a second chance to start over...

Sweetie, you wont get an appology out of him... He is so absorbed in his addiction that he has no idea the wreckage and pain he is causing the other people around him... please don't take it personally.

I told him that I was reading this book and that I was going to straighten out my life and he said call when I do. He never did say anything about straightening his life out.
Good for you for reading Codependent No more and working on changing you... you know what, I'm willing to bet that when you "straighten" your life out, you will NOT want to ever call your BF again.. You will see that you deserve so much better then what he can offer you..

Right now he does not see a need to straighten himself out... he is blaming everyone else for his problems.. he does not see himself as the problem only as the victim and as long as he is living life on his terms he will never change.

but he needs help to. I guess that is for him to decide not for me to decide
BINGO... he will get help when he wants it and not a moment sooner... I know you are in a lot of pain but just continue focusing on you and changing you..