View Single Post
Old 12-17-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
bluebelle

I have known quite a few of these emotional manipulators in my life. It's amazing. They will tell you their sob story to try to get you to rescue them. However, if you don't they can always find someone else to rescue them. Remember, manipulators have an incredible ability to take care of themselves. My mom is an excellent example. I'd give you a specific case--but, wow. These stories are always so long and convuluted. I guess the last thing she called me about was eBay. She wanted me to call her and teach her how to sell something on eBay. Then, my grandmother called me----"Why don't you help your mom. We loaned her $500 because she had a negative amount in her bank account. She said that she would pay us back after she sold her wedding ring. We don't want her to sell it in the newspaper because she's all alone and we don't want strangers coming to her house. Please help her learn how to use eBay. Do it as a favor to us."

O.K. #(1) my mom is 58 years old. She is intelligent. Yes, her brain has been ravaged by drugs, but, I'm sorry. If she wanted to learn how to use eBay she could. (2) She has been saying that she would sell those rings for 20 years. (3) Why did my grandparents send her more money again. (4) (and this is my favorite) If I teach her how to use eBay, something will go wrong, and she will blame it on me. She will no longer have the responsibility to sell the rings, because it will be all my fault that she can't sell them. I know this very well because I've been there before. (5) My mom lets all kinds of weirdos into her house because she has a history of buying, selling, and trading drugs.

I have millions of examples. My point is that if your ex is capable of finding drugs, he is capable of finding a place to live. He is just trying to suck you in, so that you will feel responsible for him, and so that he can blame you when things don't go wrong. He will be fine. He will find somebody else to suck into his vortex who will "help" him. I'm sure you can imagine what kind of h*** he has put his sister through. I'm sure you can imagine why she is kicking him out.

Good luck and stay strong! Remember, you are responsible for taking care of yourself only. He is an adult, he needs to take care of himself.

Last edited by bluebelle; 12-17-2008 at 11:46 AM. Reason: added #5