Old 12-17-2008, 09:17 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
scaredykat

Great topic Sharon. I've had a lot of changes this year. I was a lonely housewife drunk before i got sober Jan 19. I drank everyday feeling sorry for myself thinking life will never get better for me. Boy, was I wrong. I'm very grateful I found SR. SR helped me find my way back to AA.

I've had a lot of good things and bad things happen this year and i didn't pick up. I lost 2cats the beginning of this year due to illnesses which was very hard for me. They were my babies. I didn't drink. 2 months ago i found out my chronic pain has progressed. I didn't drink. Instead I shared with my sponser and support group in AA and on here.

One of the good things that happened to me was getting involved with service at my home group. They trust me to be inter group rep for my home group. I have a lot to learn but I'm willing to learn. That's something new for me.

Next month I will be getting my 1 year medallion. It's a miracle. I wouldn't be where I'm at today if I didn't get a computer in 2006 and found this recovery forum. I know I would be still drinking today. And for that I'm truly grateful.

Barb