Old 12-15-2008, 11:11 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
dixied

I guess I can add this not that it makes any difference but it Her family is not aware of this. My son has taken the high road on this issue as he said his son deserved to have "one parent" with a good name left intact. Meaning he has not told his attorney this fact and he has facts to back up this information.I have mixed emotions about this because I think everybody should just put their cards out there on the table and let the judge get the "whole picture". Then maybe she'd be ordered to seek some help.
I am not saying that my son should be excused but he's trying to straighten out his life. I think he's trying to step up to the plate so to speak regarding the insurance . So I guess I am sensitive about that issue.

Anvil, I do understand about families, divorce being messy and such. However, the bottom line is that I personally feel she doesn't have the right to control the child 100% . And they have not been before a judge yet ..the case is pending because of technicalities. This little child should not be considered a possession by her. I am not going to go to court and fight over grandparent rights as what kind of joy would I get forcing the issue? None. None at all.

She did "offer" me a chance to "supervise" visitation. No judge ordered supervised visitation. My son agreed to have that kind of visitation. I declined because I felt I was being used. Not good enough to babysit now but yet I was good enough to oversee visitation between my son and his child. I also felt it wouldn't be good for my relationship with my son...my reminding him he had to get him back on time, etc. I just didn't feel it would work out. So now her mother is the supervisor of any future visits. Case closed. I am sure none of this makes any sense. I am just saying everything is not all black and white in this situation. However Anvil, I do appreciate your insight and what you said. Thank you. dixied