Old 12-15-2008, 10:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dixied

Question I am hurt because.......how to put it in perspective??

Friends,
I guess my feelings are on my shoulders. I need some help.
My soon to be former daughter-in-law sent a Christmas card photo of my only grandchild to everyone in my immediate family EXCEPT me. No, the mail isn't running late. It was done on purpose. I am aware that she does not like me. It is a long, long story but suffice it to say I do not think there will ever be any kind of reconciliation. How do I get over feeling hurt? Don't you think it is a little cold not to send a grandparent a Christmas photo card? Or am I being too sensitive?

Also my son who is now a year clean and will start a good job on Jan. 3 is coming home for two days, Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. He resides in a halfway house. He called to ask if he could share in Christmas Day (opening presents)with their little boy. She told him since he (my son) had been gone the past two Christmases (he was in rehab) that she and the child had their own "tradition" and that "maybe" he could see him "sometime" on Christmas Day. She'd see. Quote unquote. Their divorce is pending so there is no specific visitation spelled out. She did let him see him Thanksgiving for one hour at the McDonald's play area. That in itself broke my heart. And she is living in a home of which we own half of the home and she wouldn't even let my son come to that home to see his child. He had to go to Mc Donald's. I was so hurt for him.

Regarding my son's new job...he will have excellent insurance, medical ins. He called her and asked if he could put the child on the policy as it is better coverage than the medicaid he is on now. Do you know she told my son NO?
What kind of mom would do that? I told my son to call his lawyer, tell him he offered and to document that. I hope that isn't outside of my hula-hoop but she might conviently "forget" he offered it to her and besides that he is trying to do the right thing and she isn't thinking of the best coverage for the child.

So are there any thoughts or opinions out there? I have also been told via the grapevine that I will not see my grandson Christmas either. I am just very sad. Addiction has changed so many lives. I am just feeling it very strongly today.
Thanks for letting me just get it out.
Dixied