View Single Post
Old 12-15-2008, 08:46 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Rimmy

I'm hoping now that I have hit bottom. I own my business still after 10 years, but it doesn't make me happy. I have a family, and I couldn't see the joy it anymore. My life isn't really too bad, and only mildly stressful, yet I get no satisfaction from it.

I am 5 days in now and am starting to see why. I was going to post a week or two ago "when will I hit bottom", and realized that I should be smart enough not to have to have a really bad one. Just being unhappy and miserable and depressed would be enough for any non-alcoholic to stop...

Am I happy about work, family and life today? Not really. There is a lot of work in all areas to work on. All the reasons are not my fault either, but many are indirectly.

So is that a bottom? I hope so. No DWI, arrests etc... but only because I've become a "super safe" drinker by reclusing myself from the world. I hope someday I will look back and say although it took until you were turning 37, you managed to get out of the crazy cycle BEFORE you hit ROCK bottom... Or maybe being miserable is my rock bottom. Time will tell.