View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 10:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
tes

It depends on the person. For me it was. Now that I think about it im not really sure if I hit ROCK bottom. I guess things could have been alot worse although I wouldnt want to imagine that picture, but I hit a low that dont want to revisit. I was fired from my job and unemployed for a long time and ended up nearly 45K in debt (basicly unemployable). I got in trouble with the law on my 2nd dwi charge and that has costed me around 5k alone right there. I flunked out of college, lost all of my friends, had to look over my shoulder because of pissing off ppl when I was ripped. I carried more regret, remorse, and shame on my back than I could handle. My physical and mental health were deteriorating to the point that it was really starting to scare me, and others. Blackout drinking daily, craving it 24/7, and I was doing meth on top of that and id often wake up shaking and vomiting. I was literally losing my mind. I could go on and on. I just got to the point where I could not take it anymore and decided to quit before I either kill myself or do something even more reckless then than ever before. Ive been sober for 6 months now. Ive been on this roller coaster before though but I hadnt hit a low like the one I hit so im more determined to stay sober this time around. If only I could drink like your average Joe 6 pack I wouldnt give a crap about sobriety, but when I drink I simply cannot stop.

Last edited by tes; 12-14-2008 at 11:08 PM.