View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 05:48 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
jh1

Good post, it is a mystery. im, with my fingers crossed in recovery phase-am 5 days now clean-ive done that before but i have a different sense of purpose this time. As for hitting rock bottom, it totally depends on the person. Like no i dont think I hit my absolute rock bottom-but rock bottom means so many different things depending on the person. Personally, i found myself lying to friends/family, etc., was lazy and not pursuing career interests, became a solo drinker, and lastly had a very scary withdrawal that im just coming out of kind of right now. Now, this may not be "rock bottom" because i can think of tons of things that if happened would spin my life into a worse place like getting a DUI, killing someone else somehow, blacking out by myself and hitting my head- or choking-and dying all alone, or really deeply personally hurting someone i care for physically or mentally...i never reached any of those things. before i knew i had somewhat of a problem but i guess the bottom for me happened b4 the rock bottom happened , thats right now, i realized this is no joke and if i keep going like im going its only going to get worse and i truly will end up hitting some type of rock bottom. The thing with true alcoholics is a rock bottom event can happen anytime-i could've gotten a dui tons of times-was lucky, i couldve last week fell down the stairs blackout and died, i couldve called a friend/family member and said hurtful horrible things, etc. That is the scary thing...and i know it now.