View Single Post
Old 12-14-2008, 03:37 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Mariposa18

First time I drank it was to "feel better" because I was depressed. I learned quickly how getting drunk allowed me to forget pain and emotions, so that's why I continued. I also *LIKED* the feeling of being drunk, the way I *thought* it made me look. The way it made me feel less self conscious, I lost that brain to mouth filter that kept me from saying what I really thought.

I drank for *ALL THE WRONG REASONS* and I''ve stopped for all the right ones =) I honestly don't feel my life is boring and I sure as hell know *I* am not boring. It's nice to read and remember the storyline to my books, it's nice to watch a movie and be able to discuss it with my Husband, it's nice to cook and not burn myself constantly because I'm too drunk to realize how hot the stove is.

I'm learning that alcohol kept me from being who I really need to be. As much as I thought it was helping me come out of a shell it was really putting me under lock and key. I'm getting to know myself and even though it's scary, it's wonderful as well~