View Single Post
Old 12-11-2008, 10:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
winnie12

Should I Visit - Need help

So recap for those who dont know, I have an insulin dependant diabetic, turned 16 this week. he is in jail for running from court ordered rehab. I have had no contact with him for a month except for a counseling session with him Tues that went well.

His counselor feels its time for me to start making contact as does his dad who called me at 11:30 last night and kept me on the phone until 1 a.m. Geeze you just cant away from some men - he's just a moron and i know he was drinking while talking to me because he made no sense at all at times. He actually pulled the "I need you to get through this because I dont know what to do" good grief he's 45 years old and he doesnt know what to do - how bout you start by pouring your drink out. All I said was there's nothing you can do and there's nothing i can do. Its amazing how he was trying to pull me back into the codie role - seems like when i dumped him 13 years ago he would have realized it doesnt work anymore. So now lucky me has two addicts trying to pull me into this crap.

Today the jail nurse called to tell me that my son was running low on insulin and could i bring some up tonite at visitation. I told her i cant until saturday when i get paid to which she said - he really wants you to visit tonite. He's made some good progress and I know he's just using his meds as an excuse but i'm torn now. I dont like him using his diabetes to get my attention but maybe he probably doesnt think i'll come unless its for that. I dont want to get sucked in again to the games. If i do visit i will def tell him - if you need meds call but if you just want a visit then be honest about that. dont use your diabetes to get me up here.

He is a child still and I know that kids of his age do need their mom but on the flip side he's been using me so much as his excuse that for his sake it needs to stop. I had planned on trying to visit him this week but the medical tricks he plays have to stop. I'm so torn.