View Single Post
Old 12-09-2008, 02:55 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
gantz
judge only yourself

Originally Posted by historyteach View Post
Is there an American consulate there where you are?
They may be able to help you find someone helpful.

I commend you on your successful quit, and hope you can continue through this difficult phase of your sobriety. Remember, PAWS doesn't last forever, though, I hear it can *feel* that way. We have an AA forum and an Alcoholism forum, upon which you can get wonderful support. And there are meetings quite often now, here in the chat room. I hope you will take advantage of them. I understand that they are going quite well.

As always, it's important to take care of yourself physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually. These components of the self make up who we are and all need attention in order for us to be fully healthy. So please remember to be as kind and compassionate to yourself as you would to a good friend going through a tough period, ok?

And please continue to let us know how you're doing. We care.

Shalom!
thanks historyteach. I actually have been in the Alcoholism forum for a while. Thats where I first started and got loads of support from this forum. I have been here ever since but this is my first thread on this part of the forum because I thought now that I am sober it is time to start tackling some mental issues.

I wish the consulate was close, but it is in tokyo which is an expensive 2 hour trip away on the bullet train.

Although I think I will try to join this new chat you speak of. Every little bit helps.

Also about taking care of myself...ever since the the day I stopped drinking I put together a workout regiment and diet and have stuck to that as well as my sobriety. I got my body fat down to 8 percent and workout 5 times a week. This definitely feels way better than being drunk and I use it as another motivator to keep me dry.