View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 12:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
eeb26

i was getting my master's for alternative nutrition, so i'm already well into that type of living and know my way around the herbs. i always think that's great advice, but something i already do.

and it isn't getting harder every day. some days are hard, some aren't. i think and hope that's just part of the process. i'm certainly treating the root causes... have an excellent therapist whom i work with, am making amends courtesy of my ninth step, working on what spirituality means to me specifically, as a christian god doesn't. i take god to mean group of drunks, and i regard the group of AA as my higher power. i really think i'm putting in the work here, i just think that it isn't always easy in the beginning. starting anything new can be trying, especially when you are dealing with a new way of living.

i am sure i'm right where i am supposed to be. some days are just more of a challenge than others, and that's okay. sobriety is still what i need, but moreso what i want. i want this way of life.