Thread: Saying no
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2008, 12:43 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
lizw
God's Kid

Turns out NO is not a strong enough word

It appeared his idea and my idea of friends are 2 different things and he has continued to bomared me with texts and emails. To begin with I did reply but then over the weekend, sent him a simple email saying stop contacting me. Then after that didn't fix it, I text it to him which still didn't seem to stop it.

But I did see him last night at our social group we both attend. I was so tempted not to go as I just didn't want to deal with with it. I tend to swing between wanting to scream fck off at him and/or running away - fight or flight.

However after talking to my sponsor, I went and made sure I did not sit next to him and answered any questions he had with short answers, in a polite fashion which seemed to do the trick. And now that is it. I've told him where I stand so there will be no further replies from my end.

I pray this will be the end of it! And I can not even describe how grateful I am that it never prgressed further than having a coffee with him. I had forgotten what it was like to be round someone who doesn't respect my boundaries and just wants to manipulate me to filful their own desires.

I've got this funny daily reader book and in there it says something like 'Red Flags, when waved at relationship addicts means the same as when red is waved at a bull - charge! While the non addicted tend to run in the other direction - away.'

It makes me laugh as it is so true. But I am changing.