View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 11:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
ShellySprinkle

Originally Posted by retroshark View Post
i feel for ya. i was crushing and snorting xanax on a daily basis. wake up to 5mg, do some in the bathroom during an art studio, then back to my place and do some more, then do some mixed with some coke, then more coke, then more xanax, maybe some oxycontin mixed in with all that, maybe freebase a little then just repeat...

im having a hard day today. nothing stressful going on by any means, just another day of the week with nothing but my sculpting and painting to keep my mind off this crap. still, i cant stop visualizing coke and pills and giant lines of drugs and rolled up bills. it really sucks, so i definately know what your going through.

all i can say is just try and keep occupied. as sugah said, some face time with someone you can confide in is always good. unfortunately i have not a single sober friend, or friend here period, so ive got this board, or myself to confide in right now.

just remain positive that as long as you arent doing the drugs, your always a step above wherever you were in your past, thats what keeps me clean. for a long time, i would get terrible urges for any drug i could get, and id go as far as to tear appart my room looking in every pocket, every container, every single item that i had that could possibly have some trace of drugs in there. im getting better because normally i just think about the unfruitful efforts to find hidden drugs in the past, and just get on with what im doing.

just never stop thinking about how quickly your life will spiral out of control if you do just one drug... just one tab10, just one oxy... at that point your giving in and loosing complete control over your life, and everyone here knows where that will lead.

stay strong!

so many people that found out about my little snorting habit, they think i'm disgusting. they just don't "get it". its nice to know someone else here has that same little twist to their addiction. thank you so much for replying.