View Single Post
Old 12-07-2008, 11:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
dirtyjerz08

From one 22 year old alcoholic to another, welcome. You are blessed to be able to admit that you have a problem. That is so important. Now it is time to do something about it. There are many resources out there to assist your recovery, including these forums. I first admitted I had a problem when I was 18, and I tried to do something about it. I stayed sober for a while, but unfortunately I thought that a sober life was a death sentence. It took another beating for me to make it back, and say that I am truly done with drugs and alcohol.

If you do choose to go to AA meetings, you will find a wealth of help there. One of the advantages of being young is that the older members will be extremely willing to help you. They don't want to see young people like us live in that hell for as long as they had to. You are in the right place here, and you have the potential to have a great, sober life. It is not the end of the world to admit you are an alcoholic, but rather the beginning of a new life. Best of luck and God bless.