View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 07:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
23girl

Sad... death of my mom

I have been a member for a couple years - mostly just reading and feeling support of people with the same issues as me. My mom has been dealing with alcoholism for years. My father died about 6 years ago - and since then, she hasn't been able to live a normal life. She was overtaken by the disease. In and out of treatment multiple times. She has been verbally abusive to me for the last few years. For my own sanity, I had to detach from her - for the sake of me and my children and husband. The disease finally took her and she died last Monday. This has been a horrible week for me - burying her yeaterday. I am only 33 and now have to deal with living my life without parental support - although she hasn't been my "mom" in years. I am so sad and just looking for some support. I feel she is at peace now - and with my dad who she really didn't want to live without. But I feel cheated and beaten down by all the struggles and negativity of our relationship of the last couple years. I am an only child so I feel especially alone in this.