Thread: Letting Go
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2008, 12:53 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
cassandra2

I too was struggling with this today. I had a great convo with someone on this board who provided me with tremendous insight about letting go.

I felt I had let go but still was having trouble understanding if I really had or if I was having expectations that certain things could or should happen when I let go.

So for those of you out there that may be in the same boat here is something that I guess I was too scattered in the head to think about.

Let go for the moment. It sounds simple enough to say let go and go on but I just couldnt get passed "ok I have let go now what?" Like as if something was suppose to happen that would change the situation.

Letting go for the moment means that at present for this moment I can accept that my ex's actions are speaking loud and clear. I can accept that for TODAY. I have to stop thinking about tomorrow and what tomorrow will bring. For tomorrow has its own worries. I can only say that I have let go for the moment. Sometimes in this particular trials in our lives we can only live from moment to moment. I know that I have truly let go because for today and I can only speak for today at this moment I accept it.

I just thought that by holding on I still could control the outcome. I by nature am a fixer. So therefore I think this or that will fix my situation. I cant fix anything but myself and the only way I can fix myself is by letting go of him, the person I have no control over fixing.

Its not about whether he sees the light or not. Its his choice. I have no right to stand in the way of another person. Other people have the right to live their lives anyway they want. When you say "but its not the right way" chances are you are speaking for yourself and how you chose to live your life. I know that I would not chose to live my life in active addiction but that is ME I can only chose to live MY life the way I want. No one else.

Thank you Sugah for helping me to see my own light.......