View Single Post
Old 12-03-2008, 07:28 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Jazzman
Occasional poor taste poster

Originally Posted by FormerDoormat View Post
From what you've shared here, your wife lies about her drinking, she lies about where she's been, who she's been talking to, who's she's been sleeping with, who was responsible for her multiple car accidents.
I've gone back and re-read every post by Houston and I'm seeing she lied about her drinking prior to rehab (to be expected) and Houston suspects she relapsed and lied about that after her rehab. Maybe I'm missing something or maybe we're talking about two different posters...

Originally Posted by houston28 View Post
I wanted to get the breathalyzer for those times when I know she is drunk and she lies to me and says she has not been......

She was in rehab for just ten days and came out very positive about her sobriety. She is attending AA meetings almost every night. At least that what she tells me
The reason I was asking is because a two week rehab is kinda like rehab lite. Most programs worth their weight are 30 days in house, have a follow up program and encourage 90 AA meetings in 90 days after completing the in house program. Did she not complete the program or was it really just a two week program? It's a good thing she's going to AA meetings, if indeed she is.

I was also trying to get an idea if she had a court record of multiple DUIs. I see your point about the breathalyzer so thanks for clearing that up. It sounds like you want to ensure she is indeed taking her sobriety seriously.