Old 12-02-2008, 09:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
nickishine
It's time to change!

Hi, Friend!

Welcome to SR and this site!!

So glad you posted and shared what's going on with you! You are NOT alone!! I have 11 days sober at this point (so no expert by any means) but have been dealing with this disease many years, in and out of rehabs, out-patient, AA mtg., yada yada. I feel for your situation with the "system" and how it's working there (or not working there) -- sounds awful! As you said, "you can do this"!!!... You have support from your family (thank God) and you've gotten clean from pills years ago. My concern is detoxing from alcohol for you. Yes, you can drink less and less and kick it (not strongly recommended) but that's how I had to do it. When it got to the last day of 1 40oz beer, that physical allergy of craving for :prayingmore of the alcohol was overwhelming and I almost gave in and got more. I didn't, however and haven't drank since. I was done and it kicked my bootie harder than ever before this time around.

I wish you the best and please know you are not alone in this venture!! All of us, in one way or form are or have been where you're at right now. Keep posting and see if there is possibly any AA mtgs nearby. All my best to you!

Hugsxoxox,
Nicki