View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 09:38 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
NoelleR

I am one of the first persons who would tell you that yes, you definitely need to fight the insurance company.....I know!!! I had to fight them once myself. I was approved for a hospital stay which included surgery [I had a broken ankle (actually broken both inside and outside) and a two broken leg bones]. The insurance approved with the hospital, but after it was all done, they informed me that since I didn't call and obtain a personal approval from them within the first 24 hours they were not going to pay my bill (just a tad over $85,000.00).....I fought and won; after all, I asked them, when was it I was supposed to call.....? My first 24 hours in hospital were taken up with morphine, anesthesia, and more morphine.....lolol.....sure, I could call.....NOT.

But my question is still.....even though the insurance company approved 10 days, since it wasn't necessary for her to remain in the rehab for the entire 10 days, why didn't the rehab have her leave and go early to the half-way house.....? After all, you might have even gotten some of your $1665.00 back......

Just a question you might want to mull over..... (o:

NoelleR