View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 06:39 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Janitw

Welcome Houston.....pull up a chair and keep sharing okay. We have been where you are and Al-Anon has helped alot of us here at SR. I hope that you try it. I was married to my XAH for 22 years and he was what he called himself a functional alcoholic but we all know that there isn't really such a thing. My grown children came to me after he left us for the last time and asked me why I raised them in the manner that I did. Well...that was a hard blow to me because I had always thought that I was doing the right thing by keeping the family together. It was NOT the right thing to do at all. If you feel that your children would benefit even minutely by splitting up then by all means do it. Especially if your daughters are showing the tell tale signs of withdrawing or anger. By staying with an alcoholic we give our children 2 choices in life...they will either become alcoholic themselves or the spouses of alcoholics. Many things can change this course and I hope that you do.....you wife of course should she realize the severity of what her actions are doing can also alter the lives of the 3 darling little girls. I pray that she "sees" what needs to be done and takes care of business. Remember always that kids become what they see. JMHO.

Janitw