View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 03:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
prodigal

Originally Posted by toltecgirl View Post
I AM STUCK, BUT WANT TO MOVE OFF THIS ROLLER COASTER!
Bravery is not the absence of fear; it is doing what we need to do in spite of our fear. I can't get you off that roller coaster, your friends can't get you off that roller coaster, your family can't get you off that roller coaster.

Nobody is going to scoop you up and rescue you. You'll remain stuck until you, and YOU ALONE, make the decision to get un-stuck.

He's an addict. He remains living in the world of magical thinking: "I can drink like regular folks. I can have a few when I feel like it. I don't have the compulsion to pick up."

Sorry, wrong. And he's proving to you that he can't do it over and over and over. When you're sick and tired of being sick and tired, you will stand back and assess the situation, consider your options, and take action. Until then, you're gonna be stuck on the ride.

As far as his "controlling" his drinking; it's just another form of denial that he has a problem. His problem. His choices. His consequences. Just remember, "one drink is too many and a thousand drinks are never enough."