View Single Post
Old 12-01-2008, 10:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
jerect
Restoring myself to sanity

I can also relate to your situation because my AH is addicted to opiates too..

I know your pain, I know your frustration and I know all to well the lies, the secrets and the chaos that these pills cause..

What Marle said is very true, you can confront the co worker about giving your husband pills and she may stop but it's not going to stop your husband from getting the pills from someplace else.. I drove myself completely crazy trying to stop my AH from obtaining pills.. I even went as far as calling and texting all his drug dealers threatening to turn them into the police if I ever saw their numbers on my husbands phone again.. That did not stop my AH at all.. it only made the situation worse and of course he found a way to get more pills.. with an addict if there is a will there is a way.. and believe me they will find a way..

Your husband will continue to use until he is ready to stop and when he is sick and tired of being a slave to these pills.. and not a moment before..

The best thing for you to do for your AH is to stand back and do nothing.. yes, I said nothing because there is nothing that you can do for him.. You can make the appointments to the counsler but it doesnt mean he will go, you can drive him to NA or AA meetings but it doesn't mean he will sit there and listion to what is being said.. HE HAS TO WANT IT...

However there is so much that you can do for you.. find an alanon or naranon meeting and start attending.. work on setting boundaries for yourself when it comes to your husbands addiction and stick to them.

I've been where you are and in a lot of ways I'm still where you are.. living with an addict is no walk in the park.. my recovery is a one day at a time process and I have to wake up each day and chose not to enable my spouse, to stick with my boundaries and to try to make this the best day that I possibly can. Somedays are great, other days I slip and fall..

Keep reading and posting here at SR.. it has been a life saver for me.. also you may want to pick up the book Codepenent No More.. I think I have read that book at least a half dozen times in the past year.. it has helped me so much in setting boundaries and seeing that I'm just as addicted to helping my AH as he is to taking those pills..

Good luck

JEN