Old 12-01-2008, 05:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
winnie12

I am not Catholic but was raised Lutheran which has a lot of the same doctrines as the Catholic church. I have struggled with similar issues. I dont believe that anyone can tell you what to do as far as your relationship with your HP. I did find that for me, I began to look at my relationship with HP as a personal relationship. I studied the bible and sought my answers and once i found peace in that i was able to make my decision. I myself dont believe in divorce but will be getting one soon because i have been abandoned. I do have the benefit of my church's blessing and approval under my circumstances because abandonment is one of the approved reasons for divorce so I understand your desire to have the church condone any decision. I would only suggest that you dont do anything until you have peace with the decision whether it be through your church or alone. You may want to talk to other priests who may be more helpful in your situation. I do have a Catholic friend who is in similar circumstances with you and she is seeking annulment so that may be a good way to go in your situation. Again, read the bible yourself - I have an exhaustive concordance and would be happy to send you all the passages that refer to marriage and divorce if it would be helpful to you.