View Single Post
Old 11-29-2008, 01:32 PM
  # 480 (permalink)  
expenguin

The Thanksgiving time has come and gone so fast.... yet we all have to be thankful for what we have for the moment....

For today be thankful for this Recovery program you have and all that you are learning through others that are willing to show you the way... It may be rough at times and that is ok... Keep coming back and know that you are not alone..

Today I will take life with pride and think about all the times that I wanted to do just for me without anyone telling me what to do.... then think about all the times that recovery came in handy and I needed that friend to tell me what to do and how to run my life one day at a time.....

There are times when that friend in recovery is important...... We need others to help guide us along the path that is dark.... so we can get the light burning on our own and some day help someone that needs our help....

For the moment we need to keep cleaning our inner house and work the steps in our program....... keeping the peace within during the Holidays is important and will keep us going and walking on the right path....... Keep up the good work and find a meeting if you find it difficult to cope alone on your walk....... get a Hug and find someone to listen to your needs for the moment....

Little Penguin