Old 11-28-2008, 01:52 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Wascally Wabbit
Power is not having to respond

clap-clap-clap-clap!
It's a good thing we do wake up and pay attention to those red flags. Sometimes those flags don't show up for a while though.
After my divorce, I met a man who I thought was sent directly from heaven. He was just awesome in every way. He fell madly in love with me and within 2 weeks of knowing him, asked me to marry him. I was tremendously flattered! Woo hoo! Someone wanted me after all! He treated me like a queen.
But, after a few months, he quit his job. He got another and quit it too. Before a year was up he had 9 different jobs, no health insurance and no savings, home or anything else. I also disover he's in debt up to his eyeballs and behind on child support.
So, I had to wake up and smell the coffee. I knew why he was so desperate to get married. He needed insurance, he needed someone to help him pay off his debt.

I became dis enchanted with him. I realized what he was all about. I told him I didn't want to marry him, and lets part our ways as friends.
He was after all a very nice person.

He called me every day just to talk. Even though I didn't see him any more, it was nice to talk to him. He had again quit a job and found another.
Next thing I know, I didn't hear from him, and his cell had been cut off.
I wondered what happened to him.
Well, I find out that he met someone online in a foreign country.
She paid for a trip to the US to meet him, paid for his ticket back to her country where they got married, then paid his child support and paid most of his bills.
They wound up coming back to the US. She paid for everything. Mind you, she was 54 yrs old. She had a good job in her country, and had saved up a lot of money for retirement.

Fast forward one year. She leaves him. She is completely broke. She moves back to her country with nothing.

That could have been me if I had not really gotten past the charm and wit.

Im glad you were able to see through this guy in just one phone call!!