View Single Post
Old 11-28-2008, 09:11 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Ananda

hey guys!!!!! well i read and was so uplifted today...then it ends up everyone is craving like crazy.....

NEVER GIVE UP NEVER SURRENDER.....

Ok...a little tip from me to you....I had a couple of rough patches this year...wanted to drink sooooooo bad.....or was scared I would...not real sure.

YES...aa and a spirtiual path are my long term solution to my problem, but....sometimes i get in those spaces where those tools seem to not work...so WHITE KNUCKLE IT!!!!!

It is at times like those that I have to remember a slip isn't just about starting over it is russian rulet!!! Will that one drink be the one where I end up killing myself however...suicide, car wreck, dangerous situations????

We have to stay alive in order to get and stay sober....

Sorry this is long...one time I just sat in my car in a hotel parking lot after stalking my sponsor and going through my phone list thinking of why I couldn't call each person on the list...sucked. Next time I knew that again I wasn't going to call my sponsor or anyone else (thing about a man in the program)...wanted to was afraid i would drink so baaaad...I came to SR, went in the chat room, grabed someone I knew a little and blurted it all out to her.

If any of you ever want to drink and I am on the list above please pm me to ask me to chat and I will go chat...you can click on an individual's name and do a private one and spill your guts....

I knew those nights that if I drank it might be like the last time that ended up being 8 years and i thought i'de never make it back...if i drink i am comitting not to one night but likely for years to come or even to death.

OK...have i Killed the thread now?