View Single Post
Old 11-25-2008, 04:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
zendust
things as it is

Hi aNewHope. I went through 48 weeks of interferon and Ribaviran which I started about two years ago. I am now one year post treatment and all my labs came back clear...I have no detectable viral load. I kicked it's butt and it was worth it.

Lot's of my hair did fall out, but it grew back even nicer than it was. The texture changed a great deal. I have a ton of energy.

They (the medical crew) started me on antidepressants before I even began. Interferon can cause depression in Suzy Sunshine, so if they suggest it...take them.

It was very rough, but you do it one day at a time. It is a very worthwhile endeavor, because the success rate has been increasing and you can clear it. There are quite a number of forums on the internet just for hep c. Google it and you will see. They can be a terrific source of support.

It is a very common virus among alcoholics and many don't even know they have it.

I am not on this or any other forums too much lately because I am now working three jobs, but feel free to PM me with anything you would like to share. I'll check in more often. Hey, the good news is I have the energy to work three jobs. Really, it is worth going through the treatment...I have never felt so good.