View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 11:07 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
sunflower1776

Hey Hockeydad--from what I've read you sound like you are an amazing father! I just wanted to check in and see how you are feeling today--did the strange feelings that you were having subside? How is the pain in your feet and ankles? How are the restless legs? All of your wd symptoms should hopefully be improving within the next day or two and you will be out of the woods! Have you tried Lyrica for your pain? You said you take gabapentin--a lot of people who havve tried that have switched to Lyrica--it is also a nerve pain medication, non addictive. All of the symptoms you described are typical WD symptoms. Unfortunately your pain is probably worse because of your prior pain problems. Definitely work with your doctor on getting on a good pain management regimen that does not involve narcotics--they should work with you on that if they know you have a problem with opiates. Make sure to drink plenty of fluids as you don't want to become dehydrated (from the diarrhea that I'm sure has hit by now!). Also, you may want to eat on the light side for the next few days. Since you have a child you may be aware of the BRAT diet--bananas, rice, applesauce, toast--these are all things that are easy on the stomach including plain broiled chicken. Just make yourself really cozy and ride it out. Just think of all you'll be able to do wtih your child when you're through with these crazy pills--you will be an even better father to him (if that's possible!) You're in my thoughts during this difficulty time