View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 06:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
madriley

Hi Sunflower! First, good for you for realizing that you need more help than what you are getting. I know for me that is the hardest part of all, to admit that you can only handle so much of it by yourself. I am coming to terms with that myself now. I have never been able to go to an in-patient rehab, however I have done the outpatient and for me personally, I really think I need to be in a group setting, where all of my attention is focused on my recovery for a little while, and be away from the outside world while I try to recover. So, if I could ever afford it, for me anyway, in-patient would be the best for me. I did alright when I was doing out patient but when I would leave for the day, it was like okay right back to square one, where did I leave off? Of course, that is just me and I am sure that there are plenty of people who are stronger than that. I guess it just depends on your addiction, your frame of mind, and what you want to get out of it. Good luck! I know that you are still struggling but just from your posts I want you to know that you are doing an amazing job!!!!