View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 06:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
kj3880

Nope, I've actually known several heroin addicts who did well on sub recovery. They aren't members of SR, but I know them through NA.

The thing about suboxone is that it is very strong on overcoming any type of withdrawal symptom, you won't have w/d at all. But you just don't get high. So it only works for addicts who are willing to give up the high, and need some help getting through the w/d. If you still want to be high, methadone is a better way to go, although it's much harder to taper from.

Suboxone isn't a "shake and bake" drug. It isn't a quick cure-all. You just gotta do the work. I've been at NA so much it's like my second family now. Recovery has become the biggest part of my life, pretty much. That's what it takes, not just popping a pill. Suboxone helped me with the physical symptoms, but dealing with feelings, social phobia, loneliness, all that cr@p: I needed NA!!!! I still need NA!!! I don't recommend anyone just take suboxone and expect to recover. I think that is unrealistic. Anything worth having is worth working for. Recovery is sooooo worth it!!

You gotta do the work...the steps, get a sponsor, a homegroup, a service position, a network, log on here and post, share at meetings, go to tons of meetings, dig in to recovery. If anybody wants what I have (and I'm only a beginner), you gotta do what I did/do!!! Love you all! It is doable! It is enjoyable!! But it is work!

KJ