View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 03:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
madriley

Originally Posted by ex D-Boy View Post
this is an interesting topic that id like to get everybody's perspective on. My mom has often popped the question of getting me on subs or methadone and then weaning me off that. I never wanted to do that because i always felt it was just a replacement drug and not really solving the problem but at this point, being that I tried it my way and ended up back where i was 2 years ago (dealing, using heavily, not caring about anybody or anything but myself) maybe this is the route I should go.

I just wanna be rid of dope so badly, i have only been doing heroin for 3 years but I cant even think to a time back in my life before this drug was in my life.
I have been on both and I would NOT suggest going on Methadone. The subs are the best way to go and if you are serious about getting off of heroin and follow the program exactly then you will be just fine. When you wean off of the subs, you MAY have some symptoms depending on how much and how long you are on them for, but it is so much more doable then trying to just get off of the drugs with no help. Methadone is really more like just trading one drug for another and when I detoxed from it 2 weeks ago, I felt just like I was detoxing from Oxy's, it sucked. The whole point of the subs is to take them for about 3-6 months and then you are done, now you can stay on it longer depending on your drug history and usage. The bad part of the Methadone is that it is more like a "maintenance" and most people end up on it for the rest of their lives. Everyone is different and maybe some would prefer the Methadone but from what I have been through with all the drugs I've done in the past, the subs and the Methadone, Oxy's and Methadone were the worst to get off of.