View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 10:05 AM
  # 453 (permalink)  
parentrecovers
let it grow!

Originally Posted by stone View Post
The rehab I could go to would be the same one I went to as an out-patient, it was crap. I am thinking of looking into other, more long term ones but they would cost....

Right now, I still have my sponsor and AA and the fact that I scared the crap out of myself by nearly dying (I came very close to full blown DTs).

In a way though, I could do all the rehabs and AA in the world and still drink, they don't stop you if you still intend to drink. The decision not to drink no matter what is an internal thing and no amount of external stuff can do it for you.

Today I will not drink no matter what, I am still on the AA program, I have hope that when the urge comes in 2 weeks or a month, I will do the right stuff to get passed it.

Big hugs to KK. :ghug3

Barb!

Where the deuce is Jen?

thanks for the hugs, stone, and everybody else too.

you know, when my daughter had her relapse after 90 days of inpatient and about 3 months of sober living house, i was pretty sure that another rehab was out of the question for her. i didn't think she'd go, first of all, and i wasn't really convinced she wanted to be sober bad enough for another stint to make a difference. but she went and did 30 more days. she went back to a another really strong sober living/follow program after that. lasted less than a month before she drank a bottle of vodka in about 3 hours and they found her with a alc level reading that really could have killed some people.

long and the short is this - i am grateful everyday for that last 30 days, because every day SOBER is a day blessed. and even more grateful that when she did fall off, there was a trained med staff on her trail to get her to the hospital that night.

am i making any sense? ha! prolly not!

love ya, stoney bologney!