View Single Post
Old 11-22-2008, 06:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Stubborn1
Ph.D in insanity!!

I'm glad this post was started because it really bothered me.

Being a wife of an addict and having to leave was one of the hardest things I've had to do. Do you honestly think this was an easy choice for her? She's a dang good mother for protecting her children from an addiction. You should be proud of her and you will be if/when you recover. She doesn't want to be around when she has to bury you. She is one good wife and mother to have had the courage to leave you.
I understand you are angry, she is hurt. Your relationship is unsafe and toxic to the both of you. Hopefully you will take this as a wake up call and grab ahold with both hands and seek help, real help. Not to win her back but to win yourself worth back. While you are using you are only a husk of a man, just a shell of someone who used to be there. It takes so much time to get back to who you used to be or who you could be so I hope you get the wake up call soon.
If you honestly love her you will leave her alone and allow her happiness. She deserves it. You didn't have her to lash out at so you came here. We see your anger and if that was ever put on her I know why she left. Get to the point where you want her to be safe and happy. No one deserves to lose their family. I wish you well and send my prayers to you. ((((Hugs))))